SUBSCRIBE TODAYSubscribe to Our FREE Weekly Digital Magazine
- [Men's Basketball] @IUKMBB ties program record with 102-89 victory January 21, 2018IU Kokomo completed an impressive second half to earn their tenth victory. This ties the program record for wins in a season and is the third time the Cougars have reached this mark in the program's seven year history (2014-15 and 2016-17). The contest remained within a several point grasp of either team up until 16:37 in […]
- [Women's Basketball] Cougars dominant against Ohio Christian January 21, 2018The Cougars faced the Trailblazers of Ohio Christian for the first time since last meeting in the RSC Tournament Semi-Finals. The Cougars won that match up by 29. Today's match up was much the same. Hot shooting from behind the arc during the second half pushed Indiana University Kokomo to a 38-point margin and a River […]
- [Men's Basketball] Cougars take on No. 3 Red Wolves January 17, 2018Throughout the game IU Kokomo played point-for-point with the number three ranked team in the NAIA. The Cougars put up a fight that included a pair of 7-0 runs in the middle of the second half, but the surge came too late as Indiana University East snuck out of Cougar Gym with the win.
- [Men's Basketball] @IUKMBB ties program record with 102-89 victory January 21, 2018
- Sonnen unanimous over 'Rampage' at Bellator 192 January 21, 2018Chael Sonnen was able to negate Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's considerable size and strength to score an unanimous decision at Bellator MMA World Grand Prix eight-man heavyweight tournament.
- Rockets' Capela: 'We're better' than Warriors January 21, 2018Clint Capela did his part to add fuel to Houston's rivalry with the Warriors, saying after Saturday's 116-108 victory that the Rockets are confident they "have the weapons to beat them."
- Warriors aren't looking at the Rockets, they're looking past them January 21, 2018Houston clinched the season series against Golden State. But the postseason hasn't started yet, and the Warriors still lead the Rockets for home court.
- Sonnen unanimous over 'Rampage' at Bellator 192 January 21, 2018
- Nassar scandal has Michigan State president facing call to resign January 21, 2018The president of Michigan State University faced a call for her resignation Saturday over the school's handling of a sexual assault scandal involving former gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar.
- The Latest: Taliban kill 18 militiamen in Afghanistan January 21, 2018The Latest on Afghanistan, where gunmen stormed the Intercontinental Hotel in the capital, Kabul (all times local): 12:15 p.m.
- Turkey says border town hit by rockets from Syria; 1 wounded January 21, 2018A Turkish official says suspected Syrian Kurdish fighters have fired rockets from across the border, slightly wounding one person.
- Nassar scandal has Michigan State president facing call to resign January 21, 2018
EVEN MORE INFORMATION
WE WANT YOUR NEWS
Send your sports results to the Sports Journal at email@example.com
SEARCH OUR SITE
From the Sports Journal archives
Category Archives: North Central Conference
BY DEAN HOCKNEY The esteemed North Central Conference traces its roots to March 1926 when 10 teams joined forces to form a basketball-only North Central Conference. Of those 10 schools, only Anderson, Kokomo, Logansport, Muncie Central and Richmond remain. Last … Continue reading
BY DEAN HOCKNEY KOKOMO, Ind. – It has been well documented that the North Central Conference will be at an odd nine teams starting with the 2015-2016 school year. With New Castle leaving this year and Huntington North at the … Continue reading
THE DEAN’S LIST BY DEAN HOCKNEY Disappointing. Unfortunate. Alarming. Classless. Vengeful. When it comes to the North Central Conference and its breakup with charter member New Castle, any of a number of words comes to mind. Between the finger-pointing and accusations … Continue reading