KOKOMO, Ind. – With their 3-0 shutout of Cincinnati Christian University, the Indiana University Kokomo Volleyball team clinched the River States Conference West Division Championship, earned the number one seed in the RSC tournament and captured their third straight berth to the NAIA National Championship. They have also set a new program record with their 20th consecutive win.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Opponent: Cincinnati Christian University
Scores: 25-9, 25-15, 25-20
Record: 26-8, 14-0
As a Team:
- The Cougars generated 36 kills out of 86 total attacks, while only sacrificing eight errors for a hitting percentage of .326.
- IU Kokomo collected six service aces.
- Lindi Thomas produced a team-high 13 kills as well as eight digs and a pair of service aces.
- Maddison Taylor had eight digs as well.
- Nyssa Baker contributed on both offense and defense with seven kills and one solo block and a block assist.
- Also generating seven kills was Elyse Younger hitting .462 for the match .
- Leading in assists, Casey Colgate put up 13, while Mary Westover finishing second in the category with 11.
Thoughts from Head Coach Heather Hayes:
“I am extremely excited and proud of our players for their accomplishment! They set the goal to win conference and make the national tournament again from the beginning of the season. We still have to finish out our regular season but happy that we were able to seize this goal before regular season finished.”
The Cougars will look to finish out their regular season with a pair of home games this weekend, first against Midway on Friday, November 3rd at 7:00 pm and then on Saturday, November 4th at 12:00 pm for the final regular season game of the year and Senior Day.
“We are looking forward to celebrating in front of our home crowd this weekend with our final 2 home matches!”
Courtesy of IU Kokomo Athletics