SUBSCRIBE TODAYSubscribe to Our FREE Weekly Digital Magazine
- [Men's Basketball] Cougars take on No. 3 Red Wolves January 17, 2018Throughout the game IU Kokomo played point-for-point with the number three ranked team in the NAIA. The Cougars put up a fight that included a pair of 7-0 runs in the middle of the second half, but the surge came too late as Indiana University East snuck out of Cougar Gym with the win.
- [Women's Basketball] @IUKWBB victory marks program first January 17, 2018For the first time in program history, Indiana University Kokomo captured a victory against cross-state rivals Indiana University East, who are currently ranked 27th in the NAIA DII Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll. Throughout the first half of the River States Conference competition the lead was only exchanged a mere six times, with the Red Wolves seeing their […]
- [Basketball] Cougar Basketball Versus Brescia Postponed January 12, 2018
- [Men's Basketball] Cougars take on No. 3 Red Wolves January 17, 2018
- Vikings apply for trademarks after miracle win January 20, 2018The Vikings have applied to trademark the phrases "Minneapolis Miracle" and "Minnesota Miracle" after the Vikings' improbable win over the Saints in last week's divisional-round game.
- Halep survives USA's Davis in 15-13 final set January 20, 2018Unseeded American Lauren Davis took No. 1 Simona Halep to 48 games before Halep claimed victory. Those 48 games are tied for the most total games in a women's Australian Open match in the Open Era.
- White won't say if McGregor will lose UFC belt January 20, 2018UFC president Dana White revealed Friday that the UFC 223 matchup between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov will be for the "undisputed" lightweight title, but White declined to say whether he would strip Conor McGregor of his title.
- Vikings apply for trademarks after miracle win January 20, 2018
- Bandits take off with money, chips from Vegas casinos January 20, 2018Bandits have gotten away with cash and chips from four casino-hotels in Las Vegas since last week, leaving police on the hunt for multiple suspects.
- Top-ranked Halep fends off Davis in marathon match January 20, 2018Top-ranked Simona Halep saved three match points and finally finished off a 4-6, 6-4, 15-13 victory after a 3-hour, 45-minute marathon against American Lauren Davis to reach the fourth round of the Australian Open.
- Records: Las Vegas gunman was germophobe, possibly bipolar January 20, 2018After three months of investigation, police have learned more about Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock.
- Bandits take off with money, chips from Vegas casinos January 20, 2018
EVEN MORE INFORMATION
WE WANT YOUR NEWS
Send your sports results to the Sports Journal at email@example.com
SEARCH OUR SITE
From the Sports Journal archives
Monthly Archives: September 2014
BY DEAN HOCKNEY KOKOMO, Ind. – Purdue University Calumet traveled to the Cougar Gym and quickly grabbed a 2-1 lead over Indiana University Kokomo in women’s volleyball. And that was it. In a night that saw just two lead changes … Continue reading
KOKOMO, Ind. – Indiana University Kokomo selects Dr. David Hancock to lead its men’s and women’s golf teams in their inaugural season. Hancock, 33, is also an assistant professor of allied health sciences and researcher in sports psychology, talent development, … Continue reading
BY DEAN HOCKNEY KOKOMO, Ind. – When sports teams have successful seasons, they can usually look back to a defining moment. Last season, the Indiana University Kokomo volleyball team defeated Point Park University 3-2 for the programs first-ever win over … Continue reading